Sunday 6 August 2017

AUGUST ON 365

   Hello August, you are here already. Not that I anticipated. It may seem kinda hard but I told myself I was never going to miss you while you are away on the 365 days trip around the sun. Here is a shocker for you. I missed you more than I ever did in my entire life and have come to appreciate you even more.


August,hold your breath for this one.....are you sitting down?......When you said to allow myself be found....I loosened up.   After all it gets boring staying indoors watching movies on Friday nights while everyone else is out on a date. The one I met was very  difficult, as if I am any better. He could make me laugh the whole day  and demanded so much attention ,something I am absolutely not used to but I adjusted.

Fun days turned into horrible days . I was treated like a doormat,assaulted and left in the middle of the street one night and stabbed a couple of times in the heart and now I appreciate the need to live a single life even more.

These days I fear the life lived outside of Gods will and fear being with a man who does not love me as Christ loves the church.


.......This person has tried my patience and tamed my anger. That  relationship has changed my thoughts about marriage.   In fact marriage comes with its own challenges..... Yaayyyyyyyy.


  I have learned that when a man loves you he would be loyal and trustworthy. He will be focused. He will fight for me as much as I would fight for him. I will try his patience ,he with mine and he would make me want to scream at times but when the dust settles I would be his priority. And that he won't say it often but he will love me and my heart would be safe with him so yes I fell but I got up,dusted myself and moved on, away from the counterfeit.


I have not watched TV in a while. The eyes  won't permit me. I almost went blind but God stepped in. They are doing amazingly well now and I am looking forward to the day I can do without those glasses completely.


I have come to appreciate Mama more, she stays awake even after midnight to say "welcome home" before going to bed. Everyone else sleeps off before I even get home... Mama is the best .


Time; there's absolutely no time these days. 24hrs is like 12hours now....


And oh my friends, not that I have a big circle.  Some have messed up  a lot of times just like I do but I am nicer to each of them. I treat them with grace because true friends are  worth more than any worldly possession.


August, graduate school is knocking on the door silently ....I pray I make the days count because two years would fly by soon.


My biggest challenge that you never spoke about is the fact that there are gossips in every organization. Those who make you the center of their lives by running every hook and cranny to get a little info about you, turn it upside down and spread it like wildfire.  It used to get to me but not anymore. Let them do their talking and let me continue to be a celebrity doing only the things that make me better.



August,  I have had bitter days ,been humiliated, felt forgotten,unworthy,terrified and alone but I take consolation in the words of   David in Psalm  30:5 that says "weeping may last for a night but joy comes in the morning."

Many wonder how I do it but I think   august gives birth to very strong children.
I take it easy and smile even more.  I shall enjoy my  twenties....

August, for the lessons that I have learned, I am grateful.   I'm still discovering the rest.

For now, I may be taking baby steps but I am making a lot of progress. And Its my fervent prayer that you would meet a much more excited  and better "me" on your other 365 days return trip.

This year you came with a different wind and honestly any day in august is better than a day in January......


How has your year been so far?......Has it been good or bad?..... Has it brought you pain much more than laughter?........No matter how the months in the year have treated you remember that Gods joy is our strength. He promises to bind our wounds. It is darkest before  the dawn, but the sun will rise again.
And the pain that you have been feeling is just the dark before the morning and it can't compare to the joy that is coming.


Keep riding your bicycle and breathe the sweetness that hovers in August.


This piece is for all my friends who loved me when I was  so unlovable....... Abigail,  Aramma, Kiki, Vivian ,M- Sita, Emefa, Evanam, Sark Mason,  Helga,  JD,   Kwadwo , Franklyn , Speaker Addo  and Stacy.


Blessings fall on you all.......


1 comment: